Over these past few years of being a Chubby Grandma; (actually the chubby part has been since my last baby was born almost 26 years ago - it is her fault - she turned my aerobic teaching body into a mess) I have come up with some general Do's and Don'ts that I live by...maybe you can relate These are listed randomly; just popping out of my brain
1. Do Learn new things if you want to. Make a plan and start now.
Take a community class, take a College class, ask someone.
Most everyone is willing to share what they know.
2. Do Put people before things and work.....They may not be here
3. Do put your Children before things and work.....They grow
up and won't be here tomorrow
4. Do something for someone each day - you will forget about
any troubles you may have and feel better about yourself.
5. Do Discover your best assets and highlight them - ie small hips,
great hair, pretty feet etc. Ask your kids, or a friend - they will be honest with
you - your Husband will not
6. Find 2 or 3 lipstick colors you like (Mary Kay is great they
will take them back if you don't like them) Even if you have
no time for makeup a face looks better with lipstick and it
takes only 2 seconds to apply try it!
7. Do have a good cry regularly - put on a chick flick and no one will
know you're crying for therary.
8. Do find time for yourself each day even if it is only 5 minutes. You may
have to fake a stomach ache and lock yourself in the bathroom, but
1. Don't compare yourself to anyone younger than you; or older than you either
don't compare yourself to anyone (they are probably comparing themselves
to you) I know everyone compares but STOP IT RIGHT NOW
2. Don't look in any mirror more than 3-5 minutes at one time and don't look
at yourself in any store windows. We all know mirrors and windows at 10 lbs. right?
3. Don't stress out too much about things your kids do - they grow up; you grow old
and all you can remember is that you love them.
4. Don't feel sorry for yourself if something or someone is bothering you. Call a friend
have a good vent and all will be well! If your friends are busy - call me I am a good
5. Don't stay inside on a Sunny Day!
Just a few Musings you may enjoy