Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stuck at 25 - Musing of a Chubby Grandma

I saw a six year old girl on the news the other day - she had just won a big spelling bee. She was asked about her preparation time for such an event. The reporter wondered if she had many friends - with her being so busy and all . The little girl said she hung with her friends a lot, and had friends of many ages, some as young as three years old and some as old as eight or nine.
I thought of my friends.
I can identify with this little girl. I have piano students I consider my friends that are her age. They understand me and ask about me - what I did today, what I like to do, how are my grandbabies etc. My best friend is 10 years younger that I - we have a blast doing just about anything together and she is always there when I need her. I have friends that are in their eighties - we keep in tough and we have great conversations! I have friends the age of my children who share the joy of crafting with me.
So what am I trying to say? This little girl reminded me...Friendship has no boundries. "A friend is a friend is a friend" (I think this is from a poem I knew when I was six year old). I have not limited myself - as some feel they need to do - to claiming only those who are my own age as friends.
Maybe feeling a lot younger than you really are is the answer ( I am stuck at 25 ) - or - Maybe reaching out to anyone who makes you feel good about yourself, or to anyone with whom you have something in common makes you feel young. I don't know - but I do know having friends of all ages does help me put a positive perspective on life - helps me get a grip!
I am truly blessed

until tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Friends are so great at any age. I love your perspective. =)

    ReplyDelete